Policy Advisor; Office of State Treasurer
Policy Advisor Job Responsibilities (Download description: Policy Advisor Job Responsibilities)
- Assist the Director and Senior Advisor in promoting and sustaining the TEAM initiative.
- Design, update, and maintain TEAM promotional materials.
- Identify potential funding sources and maintain contact records.
- Manage communication between the Treasurer’s office, TEAM Schools, TEAM teachers, TEAM implementers, potential/current volunteers, and current/potential sponsors.
- Enhance and update the TEAM website as necessary.
- Network, arrange, and speak to organizations to promote TEAM.
- Manage special projects as determined by the Director and/or Senior Advisor.
College Savings Plans
- Administer the outflow of information for the promotion and maintenance of the MPACT and MACS programs.
- Network, arrange, and speak to organizations to promote current projects and information for College Savings Mississippi throughout the state.
- Serve as the liaison for the College Savings Mississippi programs by providing and maintaining exhibit booths for public speaking and/or educational/benefits fairs throughout the state.
- Perform any and all job duties due to the absence of division personnel to insure continued program administration.
- Perform other duties or special projects as required or assigned.
- Provide potential customers with information concerning the MPACT and MACS programs in person and over the telephone. Support existing MPACT account owners by answering questions using “PRIMA” software or by requesting information from 3rd Party Administrator.
- Assist Senior Advisor during legislative sessions as needed, including bill tracking, committee hearing coverage, and policy research related to Treasurer’s legislative priorities.
- Work with Treasurer and Senior Advisor to cultivate relationships between the Office of the State Treasurer and the Legislature, during Session and over the year as needed.
If you are interested in this position, please contact Emelia Nordan (firstname.lastname@example.org).